Sunday 2 September 2007

A Rabbit Story with a Moral!


A while ago, when working with a garden centre with a pet shop I was dismayed to discover that for Easter, one of the busiest bunny selling periods, all they had for sale were a couple of large, plain, boring rabbits. I questioned the girl that was running the pet shop at the time and she informed me of the problem.
The policy at the time was to give suppliers as little as possible for their livestock so that the pet shop could remain as competitive as possible with a nice healthy margin.
Of course what this meant was that the suppliers would sell all their good stock to other pet shops who gave them more for their rabbits and left this place with whatever was left over.
We changed this around and gave the suppliers a fair price, and maybe a bit more, in return for the best they had and a guaranteed purchase of x amount of rabbits over the season.
Sales went up because we had beautiful bunnies (like the one in the picture here) and we sold tons of accessories.
I don’t think I need to point out the moral of the story. Do I? Nor does this only apply to bunnies!

No comments: